Friday, June 25, 2010

BOOKMARKES BY THE LIGHT OF THE MOON


Hi Dear Friends and Neighbors, Could not sleep last night so rather then laying there tossing and turning, with hopes I would fall asleep I got up and started looking at some old magazines.

About one in the morning I found this old crochet book marker pattern, the instruction said it was simple and fast. After reading the direction I thought to give it a try and yes they are easy and fast, but most of all they were fun to make. It only took me several hours to make these two book makers.

Kind of strange how I came by this pattern. Wed. I needed some embroidery thread and stopped at this cute little gift and what not shop that has just about everything under the sun. Well they didn't have the kind of embroidery thread that was needed to finish a punch needle project big, shy.

But OMG my eyes spotted a box on there cutting table that said old magazines .50 cents each. Happy dance I did and not wanting to show how excited and what a terrible person I am for old book and the likes, I sauntered over to the table and acted as if it was not big deal RIGHT? Now I have to tell you my heart was beating so fast for I knew those magazine were going to be my new treasures. YES I left with some very old magazines that has everything from old quilting, Cross Stitch, Crochet and sewing.

Hope to make a few more of the patterns from these old magazines.
Stay tuned to see what is next.

Have a very wonderful and blessed day.
LenZie

No comments:

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.