Thursday, November 13, 2014

Punch Needle and Hand Dyed Cotton Chenille Yarns

Hand dyed Cotton Chenille
Over the years I have been experimenting with different types of yarns and other fiber products.  Here are the latest results of dyeing off - white cotton chenille yarn.  I am most happy with the latest outcome of the dyeing process and how beautifully it took the dye and punched needled. 
Used one of my original bear patterns ( once again) and transferred it onto 100 percent cotton monks cloth.  I think the photo's below will show what a awesome child's rug it made. This rug measure about 27 inches by 40 inches. I have also made some smaller rugs as well and all are wonderfully soft, as well as thick and fluffy.  I might add washed up beautifully. 
Enjoy and until then
Have a Magic Day.
From LenZie and The Joy's of Needlework.

 
Basket of Hand Dyed Cotton Chenille
 
Pattern, and Basket of Cotton Chenille

Childs Rug
Larger design 27" by 40" 
Original Design by LenZie

3 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

what a big project...the colors are gorgeous!!!

WoolenSails said...

I really like how the yarn came out and the bear rug, that is so fun. I love the idea of punching yarn, but need to figure out a frame so I can do larger rugs for the house.

Debbie

Donna said...

The colors are beautifully rich! Adorable rug.

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.