Sunday, February 12, 2012

CROCHET HEART MUG RUG

HAPPY VALENTINE DAY
Crochet Heart Bottle Cap Mug Rug    
Hello Again:
How much fun to recycle something that
is often tossed away? I would love to take credit for this creative idea, but I am not to originator of using recycled bottle caps. As a small child and during wwll my Mother and Grandmother were really wonderful at recycling many items that today we take for garnet and toss them out. I can remember my Mother setting and crocheting over bottle caps to create hot place mats to protect the oak wood table from hot food dishes. For quite sometime now I have thought and thought about doing the same and I have developing many other wonderful crocheted bottle cap project an in the works writing an e-book on use bottle caps and other items. As my logo saying goes “Making old thing new, bright and beautiful" Lenzie
http://www.justalittleprimitive.blogspot.com

Enjoy and I will return with more creative ideas using bottle caps.

Have a magical day. LenZie


4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a beautiful piece and creative idea. I haven't crocheted in years.

Debbie

Jenifer Leone said...

This is really a lovely idea and i didn't listen or saw it ever before so really really awesome use of bottle caps for a lovely occasion.

Unknown said...

I can keep in mind my Father setting & crocheting over bottle caps to generate hot place mats to protect the oak wood table from hot food dishes.

scrapbook paper

The Gathering Room said...

yes..My sil's mom did this and it was a grapes patterned hot pad like trivet for the table. Can't imagine sitting a hot pan over these or even a dish of food...these are lovely! Are you selling these or taking orders?

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.