Saturday, April 7, 2012

LADY SPRING


My LADY SPRING

This is one of my favorite paintings I created sometime ago, and when I cam across it though you all might enjoy seeing it.  It is painted on a piece of 1/8th birch paneling, sanded several times with fine sandpaper.  After it was smooth it was sealed with an interior flat white base paint and a final coat of  clear sealer.  This makes a wonderful art board for painting with oil or water base artist paints.
The design comes from a very old print I had  kept in a file of things to do.  While living in Oregon I was able to paint this print.  While it is simple it has a lot emotion to it, the rose boarder is an addition accent that was added and not a part of the original print.
Hope you enjoy My Lady Spring and as this Spring opens up I hope you find a special Rose in your garden.
Thank you dear friends and neighbors for visiting me once again.

Want to announce  a new web site and blog is forth coming, The name of the new site will be "Joys of Needlework", it will be about All different kinds of needlework, how to make, patterns from A to Z. 

I will still keep this blog up and will update it as always.
God Bless,
Hugs, LenZie

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

This is a beautiful piece, love it.
I didn't know you did painting too, things like this would be nice for punch needle too.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.