Sunday, July 3, 2011

AMERICA AND ME

Punch Needle and Rug Hooking Decorative Pillow

America and me measures 18 inches by 18 inches Punch Needle and traditional Rug Hooking are used in this design. cotton monks cloth, wool strips cotton chenille yarn, and cotton velvet fabric and polyester fiber stuffing.

When this project was started I had no idea what materials would be used. Normally the outside boarder rows are worked first to keep the project squared. However, I started hooking this little guy in the center of the design first using wool strips, and my creative nature took over and away we went. Next I hooked the flowers and vine. After completing them I decided to use cotton chenille yarn and punch needle the background, all was going well until the cotton chenille loops would not hold. Yipes!
What to do hmmmmm, Idea arrives why not try doubling the yarn, Yes this was the answer to solving the problem of the loops not holding. I think these to fiber art forms complement each other and I am looking forward to trying this again. SOON!

To bring this project to close (AMERICA AND ME) I created a wonderful soft pillow for our den sofa using cotton velvet for the back side of the pillow..

I hope you will try these two fiber art forms together and experiment with different textured materials to create a unique and enjoyable project to call your own.

Have A Magical Day
Copyright 2011
LenZie
"Creating Memories For The Sole.

No comments:

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.