Monday, May 10, 2010

KNOTTY KNOTTY SHEEP



Hi Dear Friends and Neighbors,
After a wonderful and surprising Mother's Day I thought it was time to try a new project that I read about quite sometime ago in Piece Work Magazine. Can not recall what the style called, but remember the little rug look like punch needle work, after reading the article it mentioned that it was created by using FRENCH KNOTS so being it is raining today and I am awaiting supplies to finish up a punch needle UFO I decided to give this French Knot project a try.

Decided to draw a simple sheep design and give it try. Ahhhhhhh well let me say this It has been sometime that I have done any hand embroidery work and that being said, you can guess making the French Knots was not as easy as I thought and recall making many years ago. OK now its time to get down and get this project really going.

TRASHED THE FIRST ATTEMPT.

OK moving on to the second attempt and it is moving along rather well at this pint in time. Thought you all might like to see the onset of this KNOTTY, KNOTTY SHEEP project.

I will post more pictures as I move along.
Have a wonderful and keep a smile on your heart.
LenZie

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I have a hard enough time, making a couple for eyes, lol. I cannot imagine doing a whole rug of them;)
I can't wait to see how yours comes out.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.