Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Kitchen Towel Set

Hello Again,

Yes another post for you to enjoy.  The other day I was in Wal-Mart and found a set of 3 kitchen towel in white and red.  Now being my new kitchen theme  will soon be in red, white and black I could not pass these towels up.  When I got home and rested up decided to see just what I could add to them i.e a little painting, embroidery work, a penny rug design or yes a crocheted edging. There was plenty of red crochet thread left over from Christmas project so I added a simple crocheted edging by single crochet across the bottom and the adding the shell stitch.  Also did one in white and another using red and white thread. Now I am on a roll once again. Here is a link to great tutorial for adding edgings to kitchen tea towels.
Edging Tutorial
The blog has lots of how to photo fir this kind of project.
Another link for a different version to add edgings.
How to tutorial for adding edgings

Enjoy and KEEP THOSE HOOKS FLYING.
Hugs, LenZie

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful pieces and love the red and white.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.