Saturday, February 19, 2011

Black Eyed Susan Pin Keeper


Hi Dear Friends and Neighbors,
I love this little pin keeper, A delightful hand hooked piece using wool felted fabric strips. In one of those moments when nothing seemed to flow for me and I was at odds with colors this creation came about. I am sure many have been there and experienced this frustrating feeling.
However, when this piece was finished I was not to sure how it would be received when and it was shared with many of my follow rug hooking and punch needle artist friends they suggest to make it into a pattern. Soooooooo here ya go. It is simple, and fun to make yes, even tho I had a go with the colors it ended in a very unique and fun project.
Several have been made as special gifts. I added some Lavender and Rose fragrances to the center of the pin keeper for a pleasant aroma.

Pattern available from Accent Patterns
"Creating memories for the soul" LenZie





1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful piece and perfect for spring.
I am in the hooking mood again, so maybe I will do a small piece this week.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.