Friday, June 4, 2010

Big Horn Sheep



Finished the first of four animals that I am making into a pattern set for punch needle and rug hooking design work. What enjoyable project this has been and I learned a lot about punch needle trying to get the detail work down. Finally all the struggle paid off.
The Big Guy is punched on 100 percent linen dress weight and what a wonderful fabric to work with. The punch needle tip entered the fabric nice and smooth and very little popping sound. Don't know about any of you but that sound gets to me after a bit.
I am trying to turn this guy into a 3 D design and I need lots of luck for this idea.
Until the next UFO is finished have a very
wonderful and enjoyable day.
LenZie

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful piece, will make a nice set.
I miss punching and designing, wish my arm would get better.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.