Tuesday, May 18, 2010

kNOTTY kNOTTY SHEEP RETURNS


Hello Friends and Neighbors, I took the weekend off to be with my family and had a wonderful weekend. Well almost perfect but for one little problem next door and lets say this the old duffer is bit off. OK enough said and back to the Knotty Sheep project.

What I have learn is this project is not as easy as I thought it would be and with the boarder being round it is slow going. Put one knot in and take it out.

Did a lot of research today and found that this is a very old stitchery art form. In the olden days, way back when they used one strand of thread about the size of one strand of embroidery floss.

No way is this old gal going to attempt to do that. As this project is hard enough using one strand of finger lace weight wool yarn (two ply ), that would compare to two strands of cotton embroidery floss. I have been wrapping the yarn twice to make the French knot and the old style wrapped the colonial Knot once. OH MY GOODNESS.

There is also a knotted rug style and that is far more dated this the project I am trying to do. More on that subject later if my old vintage brain cells are up to more reading and research.

Posting an UPDATED photo to view, as you can see there is space between the knots and rather uneven, so this evening I will be remove the knots once again. Gees.
From my hands and heart to you and your home.
Have a wonderful evening. LenZie

1 comment:

WoolenSails said...

I like how you are doing the border.
I really like the look, but think I would lose my patience with that.

Debbie

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.