Saturday, January 14, 2012

PUNCH NEEDLE RUG HOOKING

Hello Dear Friends and Neighbors,  Finishing up a few projects and thought you would enjoy this punch needle rug.  The most challenging part was to make the checked pattern square, after a few yarn pullings I finally got the hang of it.  Really not hard if you start punching on the design line keep doing it, don't change the way you started punching. 
You would think after all my years of doing punch needle I would have known better, will looks like this ole sole has more to learn and remember.  Other then that this project went very fast and I love the way it turned out.
I used cotton monks cloth for the backing, and Lions brand heavy wool yarn, this creation turned out so nice I will be using more of there wool yarn.  I call this an Americana Welcome it measure 18" by 22".   It is a design from a rather older style of craft book that was bought sometime ago. 
Last week I started a section for other kinds of Craft projects and will be adding a new project soon.  Trying my had at making a Rag Quilt and will share that with you when it is finished no promise when it will be finished.  In the meantime I am finishing up a pillow that I made and I think you will enjoy it mistakes and all. 
Keep on keeping on and have a magical weekend.
LenZie

No comments:

JUST A LITTLE PRIMITIVE AND THE JOYS OF NEEDLEWORK

My photo
oroville, California, United States
Creative needlework from A to Z, both old and new designs to make and enjoy.